Sunday, May 26, 2013

Strawberry Picking 2013

We love going to pick-your-own fruit and vegetable farms!  We've been to this orchard several times.  This was supposed to be my Mother's Day celebration trip, but I got very very sick Mother's day weekend.  So, we decided to go today.


on our way


The day was just about perfect--not too cold, not too hot, and still some berries left!   Elena spent very little time on her knees while picking berries this year.  Unlike last year, she walked while she looked for berries, and even did some picking while on her feet (using one crutch).


Elena on the berry hunt

Vivian did better this year too.  Last year she ate every one she picked.  She actually got some berries in the box--10, to be exact.  Jason and I discovered that kids can get "jacked up" on strawberries.


Another one not in the box
 
Berry Haul

I tried to make strawberry jam.  I'm not sure how it is going to work out, but I had some great helpers.


Chefs mixing it up

Berry Hands


No comments: