Monday, September 27, 2010

0.8 Miles



THAT'S RIGHT. E's on a (paved) trail! It has some (slight) hills, but overall it's a pretty flat. This portion of the Rivanna Trail has a 0.8 mile loop, with a playground near the "end" of said loop. She made it THE WHOLE WAY!!! It was a gorgeous day!

Vivian at the start




E got stuck going uphill




Mom and E


Oh Great...Viv is done walking


More than Halfway, and still going strong


Taking a break to look at fish in the river


Vivian plays with E's trike (the flag, mostly) while E and I are hunting for pretty leaves


The Big Finish


We are definitely coming back here to do this again! Great trail, GREAT BIKE, Great company! HUGE thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for coming down for our trail ride, and to Grandpa for taking these pictures and video!

8 comments:

Mo said...

FABULOUS pictures!! See you soon!

Kelly said...

How did you make the foot straps? I am looking for aceay to secure my sons feet on his trike. Also what kind of trike is that?

Kat said...

GREAT PICS, GO GIRLS, GO E!!!!! ;-)

Sarah said...

Cool bike!

Cary said...

I just love seeing these videos so much! I think this may be the bike for Ben...maybe next year, but i'm not sure if he'll be tall enough.

Celia - Pacifier said...

Great blog! I've read a few posts here today, and wanted to leave at least one comment. I'll be back!

santokkie82 said...

This is my first time commenting but I just want to say that I really, really, really love your blog. Your daughter is making such amazing progress and I admire your creativity and dedication in her therapy. My son is still in the NICU and has been diagnosed with PVL. We are very much at the start of the "wait and see"... but your blog gives me hope.

Anonymous said...

WOW AMY E IS DOING SUCH A GREAT JOB RIDING HER NEW BIKE.. I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHERE I COULD GET ONE... THIS TRIKE LOOKS LIKE ITS PERFECT FOR CP KIDS AND ADULTS...

MELISSA