Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten is tomorrow...

Lots of preparation went into this day. I'm spent. I have lots I could write about...like her IEP meeting *the eve of the first day of school* for possible alterations...but I'm just too tired. Suffice it to say I have a (mostly) great team behind me and I have a lot of faith and respect for her educators. This year will be a "growing year"...physically, academically, and psychologically. Elena's self-awareness is coming to fruition and she continually sees herself different from others.

Let's hope she realizes there are lots of similarities, too.

Cross your fingers...it's gonna be a bumpy ride. But we're behind you all the way, Doodle.

5 comments:

Mo said...

YES WE ARE, ELENA!!!! And you too, Amy. I have thought about you guys so much as the first day closes in. Elena is a bright girl who will thrive and her character is strong enough to conquer all. It's obvious to see every time we're around her. We are anxious to hear about the first day and to see those first day pictures. Good Luck!!

Tracy said...

Count me in on Team E. There may be bumps, but it is going to be a great year.

GingerB said...

Your little Doodle is all grown up! Can't wait to hear about it. I know she can do it - she has all that extra strength.

Cathy said...

Please visit my blog and comment on the Toys R Us Differently-Abled catalogue. Please ask any other special needs Mom's you know to do the same. Love C

AZ Chapman said...

hope it is going well