Saturday, October 17, 2009

Holiday Card Exchange Anyone?

Hi Doodle readers,

E LOVES mail. Doesn't everyone? But how many people actually send snail mail these days?

Is anyone interested out there in a mail exchange? I'm aiming for Christmas time here, but really it can be anytime before the New Year. Elena can (help) write a letter, to you or your child, and get a letter in return. No gifts, just a nice letter, maybe a picture.

If you are interested, please email me (cpmom2009@yahoo.com) with the following information:

Your name (and/or child's name)
You address (in full, including country)
How long mail will take to arrive from Virginia, United States (if you know)
What holidays you celebrate, if any, near the end of this year
Primary language (don't worry if it's not English! We'll try!)

I will not share your email information OR addresses with anyone without your permission. As of right now, this exchange is between E and you. If you are interested in a larger exchange, where your information is shared with other interested parties, please note that--if there is enough interest I'll email everyone privately, and we'll go from there.

2 comments:

Bel said...

Hi I know I have never commented before but I found your blog when my daughter was diagnosed with cerebral palsy early this year. She has just turned 7 and I know she would love to write Elena a letter, we live in Australia and it would definately get to you before Christmas. Your Elena is a gorgeous brave and strong little girl and you must be amazing parents, well done. I showed My Georgina videos of Elena and she was amazed at her and wanted to see more. I think it makes Georgina realise she is not alone in cerebral palsy as we don't really see any other kids with it where we live. Please let me know if you would like her to write. Take care, Belinda

Justine, Romy's Mama said...

Hi there, I think this is a great idea! Romy and I would love to participate. I tried emailing you through your contact info, but I'm not too sure how to work my new computer mail thingie. I'm using a Mac and I'm still trying to get the hang of it. Anyway, my email address is RomysNanay@gmail.com, if we could exchange info that way, that would be great! Romy is only 2, so she can't exactly write, but she's a killer finger painter! We'd also love to send a picture of where we live (Hawaii) for Elena. BTW, I love the new video's of her! She is doing so wonderful! Romy has the same type of CP as Elena, although more toward the moderate (possibly severe?) side. I think a letter from Elena and other children like her would be a great keepsake for Romy to look at when she's older so that she knows that she isn't alone. Hope to hear from you soon!

Justine and Romy