Thursday, October 22, 2009

Will the Real Doodle Please Stand Up

E was awesome at PT yesterday!

We did a lot, but here's the highlights. We've been working a lot on getting E to SLOW DOWN, so she can better control her movements. Here is Theresa trying to get Elena to stand up, walk, STOP, and step down.



E has also been doing some great walking (FYI, she's in her current--purple--AFOs here). We have a goal of E walking 100 feet, with distant supervision. This supervision isn't so distant, but E looks pretty confident, and she turned this corner very well.



And now, for the BIGGIE of the day...E stands up! We've been working on this for SUCH a long time now. She can stand up from the floor, without assistance, maybe 25% of the time. But she can do it. Practice, practice, practice!



Elena we are so proud of you!!

3 comments:

Valeria said...

Hi Amy,
I'd like just let you know I read all your blog last night, I was so impressed how wonderful Elena is going...and How many good job you do with her(sorry for my bad english)
My girl was born 16weeks early an suffered big cerebellum bleed, bilateral ivh II and big eyes problems.
Fortunately she is doing well, is very close to walk alone, but still has balance problems. sice not a word.
Thanks for sharing your experiences, I wish that my daughter could have a medek pts too.
Bye bye,
see you soon
Valeria and Aurora (from Italy)
You can see our blog :-)

Anonymous said...

HI AMY I JUST WANTED TO SAY WHAT AWESOME PROGRESS SHE IS MAKING THATS GREAT SHE IS WORKING SO HARD

MELISSA

Chris said...

Congrats E - so proud of you.