Saturday, November 20, 2010

Post-Op: Day 1

Day 1.

E is well rested, and all kinds of talking and laughing. She does not like her legs to be straightened. My goal was to try to have her sit in a chair and play today, and see if she could be carried more traditionally (upright, with my hands under her rear, with her arms around my neck) rather than a basket carry (her neck and back and her knees held up by my arms with her folded inbetween). Both of these were successful, although E preferred the basket (or "cradle") carry. She was also able to sit up, with her knees supported by a cushion underneath, and watch TV. We colored a lot, and she ate well. Well, a lot of popsicles, anyway.

I even got to do a "dry run bath" where I propped her on the floor, with her feet up, and pretended I was washing her--to see how much pressure I could put on her legs, to see if I could turn her hips, and test her passive range of motion. Even sore, I could tell that she could keep her legs straighter than before the surgery.

She slept all night.

3 comments:

carol said...

Amy- glad the surgery went well. What a relief it must be to have it over. E's a good little patient. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Earl's Nonny

Anonymous said...

HI AMY
SORRY I THINK I POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG POST ORIGINALLY.. MY APPOLOGIES... SO, GLAD TO HEAR THAT ELENA IS DOING WELL.. I AM GLAD THAT THINGS WENT WELL FOR YOU..

MELISSA

Kat said...

I'm glad that you guys are doing well!