Monday, June 22, 2009

PT recap: Squeak shoes for heel strike

At PT last week, Emily tried using some sort of squeaky shoe, where when pressure is on the heel, they make sound. I have heard of these for "soccer training"--called Kickspots, but I believe these noisemakers are actually in the shoe. Kickspots can be strapped outside footwear, but I think they might be a little big for her right now. I'm inspired by the squeaking though...maybe I can find some sort of sticker that makes noise or something.

Anyway, here's a shot of the shoe--when E is holding on to something, she can put her feet pretty flat. When she walks, though, keeping her heels down (sans braces) is a labored effort.



Here is E trying to make them squeak--she eventually does it, with both feet!





Walking

No comments: